There are three steps to confirm your enrollment at WVU Law for Fall 2023:
1. Pay a non-refundable seat deposit of $400 by May 1, 2023;
2. Complete a Confirmation of Enrollment form by June 15, 2023; and
3. Submit an official transcript showing the conferral date of your bachelor’s degree.
All three steps must be completed for you to retain your seat in the Class of 2026. If you are no longer interested in joining the WVU Law Class of 2026, please email the Enrollment Management Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Paying Your Seat Deposit
A non-refundable seat deposit of $400 is due by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 1. Please follow the steps below to pay your seat deposit:
Claim Your Account
– Claim your WVU account if you do not already have one. You will need to enter
your First Name, Last Name, Birthdate, and WVUID Number. If you do not know your
WVUID Number, you can look it up at
2. Access the WVU Student Portal – Go to students.wvu.edu and click WVU Portal. This portal will allow you access information important to your academic career at WVU Law. You may want to bookmark it.
3. Pay Your Seat Deposit Via STAR – Once you are in the WVU Portal, click the STAR icon. Then select “Pay Academic Deposit.” Then select “Deposits.” If you need additional assistance paying your seat deposit, please reference this handout
Should the $400 seat deposit pose a significant financial burden for you at this time, please contact the Enrollment Management Office at email@example.com to discuss your options. We do not want the seat deposit to be a barrier in you joining our Mountaineer family.
Step 2: Completing the Confirmation of Enrollment Form
The Confirmation of Enrollment form will be sent via email following the May 1 seat deposit deadline. You must complete it by 11:59 p.m. EST on June 15 to retain your seat in the Fall 2023 class. If you do not complete the Confirmation of Enrollment form by the June 15 deadline, we will make your seat in the Class of 2026 available to a student on the waitlist.
Step 3: Submitting Your Final Transcript
Your seat in the Class of 2026 is subject to the Enrollment Management Office receiving an official transcript from your undergraduate institution with the conferral date of your bachelor’s degree. Please submit all final transcripts to LSAC for processing. This must be completed by the start of Orientation.
Most Important Step Of All: Join The Class of 2025 Facebook Group!
The Class of 2026 Facebook Group is the official group page for the WVU Law Class of 2026. Please feel free to join it after receiving your offer of admission. We will post notifications and updates to the group page. It will also allow you to start meeting your future classmates!